Lights, camera, history!
Depending on the nature and time of year of your proposed filming project, Sainte-Marie among the Hurons may be an option. While we are busy serving general public visitors and groups throughout the day during our operating season, we may have some availability for film groups outside of our regular operating dates and hours where Sainte-Marie among the Hurons can provide the perfect setting. During the late fall, winter and early spring select site locations and buildings may meet your filming needs. Opportunities may also exist during the operating season daily before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. Please note there may be charges in addition to the regular fees, as extra staffing, security, set-up or specialized room amenities may be required to meet filming needs.
Sainte-Marie offers film companies:
• Historic 17th century buildings
• Indigenous Longhouses, wigwams, drying racks
• Limited artifacts for set dressing (candlesticks, furs, chests, blankets, historic toboggans, benches, desks, tables, beds, ceramics, etc.)
• Areas for hair and make-up
• Fully licensed restaurant for craft service needs
• Home base area (large parking lot), and a convenient location 90 minutes from Toronto