Sainte-Marie among the Hurons is proud to present National Indigenous Peoples Day, 2022 VIRTUAL EDITION
To register for this FREE online event, click on: https://hhp-events.ca/register/
To view the agenda and sessions details, click on: https://hhp-events.ca/agenda/
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN US IN PERSON ON JUNE 21!
National Indigenous Peoples Day is a national celebration of the heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Métis throughout Canada. Huronia Historical Parks is proud to be a part of highlighting these achievements through our educational-focused celebration each year. For generations, many Indigenous peoples and communities have celebrated their culture and heritage on or near this day due to the significance of the summer solstice as the longest day of the year. It has been a nationally recognized day since 1996.
DATE: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
HOURS: 10 am to 3 pm*
Special Event Rate: $ 12.00 per person, plus HST
* The historic site and indoor museum are open until 5 pm (last admission at 4 pm).
This event will encompass a wide variety of unique Indigenous cultural and historical demonstrations such as music, art and traditional teachings.
Examples of event programming include:
● Drumming and dancing demonstrations
● Tasting three sister soup and corn bread
● Corn husk dolls and okies workshop
● Canoe display and wigwam work
● Garden and animal presentations with our new Agriculture Worker
● Lacrosse, speed net and storytelling presentations with special guest, Chris Walser
● Indigenous art presentations
● Indigenous artisans market
● Waterway demonstration
● Presentation in the hospital
● Fire starting techniques
● Story telling in the Longhouse
● Indigenous Games
There in no introductory slideshow presentation in the theatre this year.
Our partnership with our third-party food services provider has recently ended and the restaurant is now closed for the foreseeable future.
Snacks and beverages will be available to purchase in our retail store "Flint & Timber Co.". Picnic areas are available.
Only service dogs will be allowed on that day.